Patricio Orozco BEM
In the last 20 years Patricio have directed and produced theatre plays, TV Shows, documentaries, digital campaigns and more than 35 festivals.
Patricio created, and still directs, the 1st Shakespeare Festival in Latin America in 2011 and directed more than 20 theatre plays.
He gave workshops and lectures at Université Sorbonne (Paris), Ecole Normale Superieure (París), Gdansk University (Polland), Universidad de Buenos Aires (Argentina), Federal University of Santa Catarina (Brazil), among others.
His last production of Hamlet in Argentina stood out as the show on the independent circuit that had the most consecutive sold-out shows in a year.
- Member of the Order of the British Empire Medal, given by Elizabeth II, Queen of the United Kingdom. (2019)
- Outstanding cultural achievement: Distinguished by the Buenos Aires City Parliament. (2019)
- 3 times winner of the Teatro del Mundo Award given by the University of Buenos Aires, Argentina. (2007, 2015, 2018)
- Winner of the María Guerrero Award given by Cervantes National Theatre, Argentina. (2010)
- Scholarship for artists given by Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes de Argentina (Argentina’s National Gallery). (2004)